Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet progress on Trial test reports

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Plusnet progress on Trial test reports

I've started this thread to provide a single place where Plusnet Comms / Dev't can post general reports on the progress of the trial and what activities are going on 'behind the scenes'
Currently the data flow is very one way from triallists  ------> Plusnet, it would be good to hear just what the issues are and possible timescales / plans / modifications / new test etc are being debated.
Maurice
10 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Re: Plusnet progress on Trial test reports

From our point of view the basic TR69 functionality is working very well, this is what the vast majority of customers will experience. The serial number was being scanned correctly on to accounts, and once this was on an account the router was being configured correctly with the customers' authentication details.
The walled garden is being worked on as we speak, the issue we have at the moment is that once the username/password is entered on the walled garden page, these details aren't being pushed back to the router from the ACS and therefore the customer is not able to browse as they are on a specific range of IP addresses that only allows browsing to our website and the walled garden.
The problems we were having with the initial redirect to the walled garden are now resolved, this was due to a problem with the Ellacoya profile of the IP range we'd assigned to the TR69 and getstartedtrial usernames.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry I didn't post this update yesterday, but here's a quick overview of what's been happening.
The basic functionality of TR069 is working well, we haven't seen many failures of this and the scanning at the warehouse was working fine during the testing too.
The walled garden did have some problems. Generally these have been resolved, from the feedback surveys there were only a very small amount that failed.
1 of these was due to duplicate serial numbers stored in the ACS therefore an error message was thrown up. This won't be an issue when the scanning is automated, however we are still speaking to the vendors on it.
1 of these actually completed all the tasks correctly however the username hadn't updated. This is an issue we saw on testing with Mal and again won't be an issue when live as it's due to the browser caching the details.
The final issue is an odd one, never being redirected to the walled garden. From the feedback we have the IPs are all from the correct range, and no external browsing is possible. However the redirect is simply not kicking in. We've managed to replicate that issue internally so will be taking wireshark captures to see what's actually occuring.

David, I think the final issue happened on your account. If I remove the serial number would you be able to test again and take a wireshark capture at the same time?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 38

If you remove the serial number I'll test it again, but not (inadvertently) try to browse to an invalid web address. Embarrassed
I'd prefer not to try for a wireshark capture, I had a problem with the updated release of that (admittedly on a Vista computer, rather than with XP which I used for testing) so would prefer to check that out some other time.
David
David
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately without the wireshark data it's not really worth it from our point of view, though I'll remove the serial number for you. If you could get the capture data it'd really help.
Superuser
Superuser

I assume the problem I had was due to trying to browse to a non-existing website. Is that correct?
Assuming that is the case, If you can remove the serial number I'd like to try set up without wireshark to start with (but not making the inadvertent browsing error).
If that works I'll ask you to remove the serial number again, then try installing wireshark on my XP laptop and repeat the test (with the browsing error) but with a capture.
David
David
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It shouldn't matter what site you type in, whether correct or incorrect. The ellacoya rule should forward on *all* requests to the walled garden. The serial number is removed from your account so you can try again if you'd like.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Superuser
Superuser

I tried again, and the failure repeated itself.
I've downloaded a release of wireshark which is later than the one I had trouble with; if you can remove my router serial number I'll try again later today and hopefully get a wireshark capture.
David
David
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The serial number isn't on the account so go for it Smiley
Superuser
Superuser

Finally got round to repeating the walled garden test again with two wireshark captures. I've attached these to my testing ticket, with explanation of what they cover.
David
David
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks David, I'll pass this on.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team