cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Failed to Start.

Dave289

PC Failed to Start.

I switched on my PC this morning ~ and nothing happened.  Sad
The Monitor started up then said it was going to sleep.....I waited and then tried again ~  no luck.
I switched the lot off completely ~ switched everything on again and booted the PC.  The PC started up as normal and everything was alright, and has been all the time the PC has been on.  Can it have something to do with the trial?
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: PC Failed to Start.

I wouldn't have thought so - my PC threw a wobble this morning too and wouldn't boot, I'm not on the trial Smiley
Will Moderate For Thanks
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

That won't have anything to do with the trial, it sounds more like your PC having issues powering up.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

Sounds like your PSU is on its way out. Do you have a full backup of the system... if not I suggest you do one quick, before it gives up completely.
Then start looking for a replacement power supply.
Dave289

Undecided  Can it be the power supply?  I had a new PSU installed nearly a couple of years ago ~ how long do they last?
Anyway, The same thing happened again yesterday afternoon while in the middle of the second part of the Trial ~ I got as far as No12 per Instruction ~ had to restart my PC.  After that I couldn't get my PC up & running, I tried a number of times to restart but couldn't, so waited until now and fortunately managed to get online.  If it is the PSU will look around for another one, but I'm going to update my backup now & go through the new Instructions from the beginning, if I can.  Hopefully will be in touch later.
Community Veteran

A good quality new PSU should last much longer than 2 years -
there was a similar thread here recently where someone had a PSU fail - but it was a cheap non-branded product.
Maybe a good idea to buy a new branded PSU and not go for the cheapest.
I can't recommend a particular brand - can anyone else