cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xp64 not compatible with voyager 105 usb adsl

N/A

rather suprised to discover that B.T havent brought out a driver for xp64 to run with voyager 105 usb modem looks like i will have to buy a router :roll: but what i was wanting to know is whats best value for money i only have one pc
4 REPLIES
N/A

get a linksys one -- choose from the large range the one that best suits your needs
N/A

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

I will always recommend Netgear products for quality, reliability and value for money.

The DG834 should be adequate for your needs and there are some good deals about at the moment for Netgear kit.
Community Veteran

The netgear DG834 range have a very good reputation around here but if you have only 1 PC would this be any good? I haven't used it myself but someone else on here has one and was pretty impressed by it ;-)
Community Veteran

You will find many manufactures have not produced drivers for XP64 because it is still too new a product for many to even consider putting in any development time. This is especially true for things like USB devices, grapics cards (altough this is improving) and any special hardware like soundcards, camaras, capture devices.

Using XP64 now is going to be difficult due to incompatibilities and a lack of drivers, even for som of the common hardware.

As for a router, you cannot go wrong with a netgear DG834 (wired), 834G (54Mbs wireless) or 834GT (108Mbs wireless), although the GT model is a bit pointless as it uses propriatory devices to acheive the higher speed. so I would recommend the G model for wireless.