cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xp boot disc

N/A

xp boot disc

please could anyone help
how do i make a boot disc for win xp home i do not have a floppy disc driver only memory stick 16mb and 128mb HuhHuhHuhHuh??

got a asrock duel sata2 m/b how do i update the bios they say us a floppy disc

the memory sticks are coming up on the computer as extra drivers can i make them as a floppy etc
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

xp boot disc

Not sure you want a floppy boot disk?
win xp boots from the original CD. Just go into your BIOS settings and make the first boot device the CD.
Watch on boot up and it will normaly then say hit any key to boot from CD.
N/A

xp boot disc

The XP boot set comprises of 6 floppies, as johnessex said the XP CD is bootable.

If this does not work, some new motherboard support booting off a removable USB drive, as i have found out a few times diagnosing PCs to find its booting off my USB Flash drive, you may me able to make that bootable in some way.

INFO HERE> http://www.weethet.nl/english/hardware_bootfromusbstick.php
Denzil
Grafter

xp boot disc

Maybe it is a silly idea but you could just buy a floppy drive, assuming you have a space to fit it. They are dirt cheap.
N/A

xp boot disc

thanks all
with the m/b i have the floppy drive cable will be resting next to my sound card at the side of the m/b will it be ok i will have to take out the sound card to get the floppy cable in i have a asrock duel sata2 m/b no more spare pci slots because a have agp and pcie slots and a slot for upgrade to a new m/b i think its the 940 got a got a 1934 pci in will..

got the cables from the case for 1934 can i connect it to the pci card Huh
holdtight
Grafter

xp boot disc

Going back to Johns reply why do you need a floppy drive ?

the xp disk is fully bootable as long as you have your CD or DVD drive set as first boot in the bios and does the same on boot up as the six floppies would do only theres no messing about inserting floppy after floppy

do you only have a restore disk and not the full xp disk ?

Bill.
N/A

boot

need it for my biso update from 120 to 130 on my m/b
N/A

xp boot disc

Why are you doing a bios update?
N/A

xp boot disc

just use a win98 boot disk(if your gonna use a FDD) or just see if u can make ur USB pen bootalbe