cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xbox - ICS

N/A

xbox - ICS

I'm trying to set up xbox live using an ICS. I have a usb adsl modem and a crossover ethernet cable (which has been tested OK). I've followed the instructions on how to do this on the plus.net guide to the letter but the pc keeps saying that my network cable is unplugged.
Also there is no ICS option on the advanced properties tab for LAN. Please help, I'm stuck
5 REPLIES
N/A

xbox - ICS

If your pc is saying the cable is unplugged you have a problem with the cable or the network card. How has it been tested? Are you sure it pluged into the right socket? Is the error the same with the xbox pluged in and turned on?

Try another cable and see if that cures it if it still says its not connected suspect the networkcard. If you stillcant get it to work tpye ipconfig /all in a cmd window on the pc and post the results
N/A

xbox - ICS

ta for the advice. However, the problem is already cured. I stumbled blindly across the answer by accident - isn't that always the way? Cheesy
N/A

xbox - ICS

It helps others if you post what the problem was. If anyone has a simliar error it may just solve it for them
N/A

xbox - ICS

Simple answer really.

Although my LAN option was configured for sharing and ICS my dial up connection wasn't. I changed the dial up settings and it all works fine.

Now all I need is for someone to tell me how to be any good at Halo 2 online!!!!
N/A

xbox - ICS

Halo2 is hard takes some time to be good at it. I am a lvl 20 at the moment gets super hard when you get over 20