cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wma files?

N/A

wma files?

Hi people can i convert wma files to mp3. What software do i require and do you know were to download it from.

Thanks
6 REPLIES
N/A

wma files?

There would be no software that could be described here.

The licence in use with WMA prohibits transcoding WMA into any other format, be it a secured or insecured encoding.

As such, it is not possible to convert the tracks legaly.
Community Veteran

wma files?

Philip, this question can be answered, as there are sources of WMA files other than those that are illegal or copyrighted.

Anyway extreme17, I would try DBPowerAmp. It's an encoder that uses shell extensions, and you can just download the various codecs to convert to and from different file formats.

Thomas
N/A

wma files?

The source of the WMA is not of question.

The Microsoft licence for WMA strickly prohibits the transcoding of WMA into other formats.
N/A

wma files?

What does this licence actually say? Does it prohibit the creator of the wma file from passing it on to someone else unless s/he also agrees to the terms of the licence?

What I'm getting at is the person who has the file may be a third party, who has not agreed to Microsoft's licence terms, and is therefore under no obligation concerning them.
N/A

wma files?

The source of the WMA is not of question.

The Microsoft licence for WMA strickly prohibits the transcoding of WMA into other formats.

So if I decided to encode some of my recordings of lttle Jimmy as .wma and decided I wanted bigger files, I wouldn't be entitled to convert my own files to another format? I'll have to break out my copy of Windows Media Encoder, break with the habit of a lifetime and actually read the eula Wink
N/A

WMA files

Play them in Media Player and record using Total Recorder, which will record anything that goes through the sound card.

http://www.highcriteria.com/