cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless print server

henonmap

wireless print server

Can someone recommend a wireless print server for my wifi network? I have a old HP parallel printer but I could only find cheap usb wireless print servers.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES
N/A

wireless print server

They are not all that cheap.

Product code (Search) 45810 on www.misco.co.uk
N/A

wireless print server

Hi
I am using a Netgear PS101 @ £45 on my HP 4 parallel printer as part of my wifi / cable network it work fine.

Cool
zpeterk
Grafter

wireless print server

N/A

wireless print server

If your printer is within patch cable distance of your wireless router I would go for this.

Just over 25 quid.
henonmap

wireless print server

Thanks for the recommendations.

One criteria that I forgot to mention is that my network has 1 mac and 2 pcs ... so would the driver for mac be a problem for most of these print servers? E.g. Like the Linksys one doesn't even say it supports mac osx. That's why now I have hesitation of even considering a wireless print server.

However, based on cost, I may go for a wired one but it means that I have to move my huge ancient HP laser next to my router, and my router is currently next to the end of my bed. The 25 quid (+ possible extra cable cost for linking to router etc.) solution does sound tempting.

Would be great to hear from someone who has experiences setting such a printer server for HP printer shared on a network with macs and pcs together.

Cheers.
N/A

wireless print server

The Edimax supports IPX, TCP/IP, AppleTalk and NetBEUI. It is compatible with Windows Peer-to-Peer printing (95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP), Windows 2000 Server-Based printing, Novell NetWare, Unix/Linux and MAC OSX.

it means that I have to move my huge ancient HP laser next to my router

Just run an appropriate length patch cable from your existing router's loacation to where the printer is now. Plug it into the print server which you can place right next to the printer.