cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows xp home

N/A

windows xp home

i have had win xp for 3 years and this time xp said to me that you have installed xp 25 time to phone microsoft to get new codes for it HuhHuh?
9 REPLIES
prichardson
Grafter

windows xp home

Hi,

It's very likely that your Windows XP key has been copied by somebody else.

Not uncommon. It could simply be a case that your key came out of a code generator as one that worked and used from that point forwards.

If your version of XP is an OEM copy, it shouldn't be too difucult to proove ownership when calling them.
N/A

windows xp home

If you have the original key or you registered the product then just contact microsoft..
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/licensing/contact-us/default.mspx

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
holdtight
Grafter

windows xp home

Yes agreed
if the copy of xp is yours and you have the original product key get in touch with MS

xp can do some funny things when it decides youve broken some kind of rule such as reinstalling once too often :? (good old Bill again)
but at this stage phone support will be the best option and they should sort you out with a new key in minutes
N/A

windows xp home

Agree on this one, I restarted the new pc the other day, after installing the Alcohol Burn program on it, and it asked me to re-register because the system had changed and the cd key had been activated to many times, its only been activated once.

Just hit the button to activate over the telephone, choose the UK location, get the freephone number and speak to those nice people in India to get your activation code!
N/A

windows xp home

that happened with mine after 5 times installing it. just ring them. if i remember right the last time i rang they only wanted the last set of the code to issue an activation key. since then its always activated itself online.
N/A

windows xp home

I have the same issue when re-installing XP-Home on my wifes machine. Its always done it and hasnt really bothered me. I phone up give then the 42 digit code and they give me a new 42 digit code in blocks of 6.

This then activates it. Providing you have the COA you will be alright, not that ive ever been asked anything other than why and how many installations there of.

Regards,
madswitcher
Grafter

windows xp home

Hi rtparry,

Its quite a painless process - just ring the number and they ask you for your licence number and the give you a new activation code back. There are no people involved - its all automated - and takes 5 minutes or so.

No hassle

Regards, Mike
Community Veteran

windows xp home

There are no people involved - its all automated

Unless you keep misdialing then after so many it puts through to a very nice young lady (well she sounds young anyway) and she will hold you by the hand and get your activation sorted for you. Wink
N/A

win xp

thank to all for your information