cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows update

N/A

windows update

hi there

i have a problem with my windows XP update , there is 1 crucial security update remaining and i have downloaded it ,but when i install it it reaches halfway and fails ,i've tried doing the install many times ,but it has the same result . can anyone suggest a remedy . :?:

7 REPLIES
N/A

windows update

Try typing the code for the download you require in the search box

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en
chino
Grafter

windows update

make sure you are not running anything in the background as i did this on my laptop and ihad problems, rebooted only opened windows update and everything started and installed with no problems...

Mark
N/A

thanks
i have microsoft antispyware and norton anti virus running , is that a rpoblem u think ,does it block updates in any way.

thanks again :idea:
N/A

windows update

No I have Norton Internet Security installed and have no problem. Try typing the code of the update in google, if you see a microsoft site listed go there and see if you can download the required file and the install the update manually. Or search on this link

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/default.mspx

Hope this helps

Steve
N/A

windows update

Or you could tell us which update is failing and see if anyone here has had the same problem...
N/A

answer

thanks for the reply

this is the update that fails ( windows security update KB893066)

ive tried the suggestions above ,but still no answer. the only thing i can hope is that this problem is microsoft related and not with my PC .

i even made a new account and tried installing it from there but it still fails when it reaches the end.

:x :x :x
N/A

download failure

hi guys

i downloaded the file using google and tried installing it in some folder ,but it doesnt work cause it says file not found or some error message .

does anyone know what folder it should be installed in .

thanks