cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows update

N/A

windows update

Can anyone tell me why it is that I can access windows update page , go through all the steps to install updates , but the download fails to activate?
Everything was OK up until I installed ADSL....now I can only access IE via Netscape - what happened ?
3 REPLIES
N/A

windows update

At what part does the download fail to activate?

Windows update is a single component download (made up of several files). This allowes you to view, select, download and install the updates.

Take us step by step to the point of failure.

One quick thing to try.

In IE options, goto the conections tab.

If your connection uses the windows dial-up system, click on the appropriate entry and click settings. If not, then click the "LAN Settings" button.

Make sure that "Automaticaly detect settings" is disabled.
N/A

windows update

I had this problem, and found it to be a mismatch with the MTU. for the modem and the NIC. Plus Net have a small program that will set these for you. I think it should be set at 1500 now, although 1458 will do as long as both are the same.
N/A

windows update

Philip, Thank you. Auto detect settings in LAN is unticked . In windows update I can reach the installation page. I then click on instal, click on accept and up pops the box which tells me it's now downloading...but it doesn't - it just freezes. If I use cntrl/alt/del it tells me that iswizard is not responding. If I end task it then tells me that internet explorer is not responding.
If I try to close down I get the message" invalid VxD dynamic link call fromVwin32(05) = 0000119E to device 0002,service 1. Windows config. invalid run setup to correct. ..which I've done several times without success!
It's driving me up the wall!

mstolley. Thanks for the tip I'll contact customer support.