cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 2000 updates & lack of said

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Anyone else using win 2000 not had a windows update in the last 3 months? Normally I expect a required update every 3 weeks or so, but there conspicuous by the lack of them.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
9 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

My friend agrees that its been a while since one was released.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Hi,

Prior to updating 2K to XP recently, I also hadn't had an update on the website for a lot longer than 3 months I think, except an occasional security update maybe.

Oddly I haven't had an XP one for a while either, but SP2 is supposed to be out later this month (but I'm not holding my breath) so maybe this would account for the lack of updates at the moment, as I expect some will be common to 2K as well.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Maybe Microsoft have fixed ALL the windows bugs and holes making Windows as reliable as other operating systems. On second thoughts maybe not Smiley
csogilvie
Grafter

Maybe Microsoft have fixed ALL the windows bugs and holes making Windows as reliable as other operating systems.

Just how much have you had to drink over the bank holiday weekend :lol:
N/A

I was just checking my anti virus and firewall for updates and decided to check windows too..
Five critical updates for Windows 2000. Seems they are saving them up and releasing them when they feel like it.
N/A

Microsoft started a monthly release cycle last year, however, this batch seems to be late behind, though there is a welly of them.
N/A

Just checked windows update again this morning to see if there was anything else and there is a newa update to my intel webcam software dated 03.12.2001. Nice to see they are getting these updates out on time. As i already have a newer one from intel, i'll pass. :lol:
N/A

Are the newer ones WHQL certified though?
N/A

Never checked, they worked and thats what matters.