cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which cd-wr?

Brickinit
Grafter

which cd-wr?

i'm looking to change my cd writer as the one i have is not totally supported by easy cd creator 5. i can pick one up from £32 for a 50X. but has anyone got any info they would like to share with me. i'm running an amd 2000. 512 DDR 333 ram. any suggestions?

malc
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

which cd-wr?

I'd recommend a Liteon as you get Nero bundled with it which works perfectly.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

which cd-wr?

I vote liteon too.

While this isn't a guide as such, try sticking to models listed on THIS PAGE

Most are obsolete, some even unavailable in this country.

Follow those that support:
Bestt write mode: RAW-DAO 96
Buffer underun: At least 1 Sheep (two is far better, it just means that peice of software can control it via a setting with 2).
Data & Audio read: RAW+96
I am unsure about the "EMF-Encoding". THough I thing this is used for the likes of half hight bits.

Drives supporting this, will give the most compatibility, for writting most disk types.

ALl Liteon drives I have encountered so far (4 in total), all work flawlessly, and have allround writting abilities.
Brickinit
Grafter

which cd-wr?

At least 1 Sheep (two is far better, it just means that piece of software can control it via a setting with 2).

i thought you was having a laugh when you wrote this,but following your link i understand what you mean Cheesy

thanks for all the feedback, the last one i bought was £120 for a 12X and i thought at the time it was a bargain.

malc
N/A

which cd-wr?

You havn't got a clue how much fun it was to write it!

Try visiting cd-rmedia.co.uk

They have a cheap liteon unit, though I do not know what support it provides. I would sugest contacting them via e-mail for phone for a the mdoel number, then go by the guide above.