cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webserver using IIS

N/A

webserver using IIS

Hi all

Ive just set up my windows 2003 server up. It has a static ip address. I am now having difficulty in settin up a webserver. Im on BB premier option 1 so have a staic ip adress.

How do i make www.mywebsite.com and make it point to my webserver. I a netgear dg384 router. I have to forward ports?? im not sure as im complete newbie in this...a simple tutorial would be great or some advice through here...

I know i have to do something to my dns is well?
5 REPLIES
N/A

webserver using IIS

Hi there,

Have you seen this MS guide or better still this one with a nice handy guide to configuring IIS?

Should help.
N/A

webserver using IIS

Hi ive done the configurations...but not sure how i can actualy set my router so it can forward it to my server and use the website in my server. As i have 3 machines connected to my router and my server is well...so how do i say when users type www.mysite.com and forward the request to my server and let it run my site from my server?
N/A

webserver using IIS

you have to set up port forwarding from the WAN to the LAN, go into the routers config and forward port 80 to the static internal ip of the server
N/A

webserver using IIS

Your server must have a fixed ip and you forward the port to that ip
N/A

webserver using IIS

I have a simular setup.

You need to forward port 80 to the internal IP address of your server, for example 192.168.0.3.

If you are unsure what the IP of your server is, you can use ipconfig to display tcp/ip information: start > run > type in 'cmd' and click ok > at the prompt type 'ipconfig' and hit return.

That will route all inbound port 80 requests to your server machine and should display the website.

Hope that helps,

Mike Holmes
PlusNet Customer Support