cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb hub

N/A

usb hub

i am lookin to get a usb hub for my dads system it onli has 2xusb 1 on the mother board and he has alot more usb devices than this does any body know if you plug a usb2 hub into a usb1 port does it work as usb2 or is it not recognised or wot happens?Huh
7 REPLIES
N/A

usb hub

I suspect it'll still work, but obviously only at the slower usb1 speed.
N/A

usb hub

i thought as much bit of a waste of money paying that extra bit for a usb2 hub then aint it!
N/A

usb hub

yeah, really.

Asda do USB 1.2 and USB 2 hubs. The 1.2s are £3.99 I think, whereas the 2.0s are a tenner. Careful though... I'm not saying they do it on purpose, but when I bought mine, they had "accidentally" put the 2.0s in the space where the 1.2 should be, meaning you thought you were buying a 4 quid thing until they charged you 10 quid at the till........
N/A

usb hub

1.2?? i thought it went 1.0 1.1 2 *shrug*

the USB hub will work wtih the PC at the slower speed, however there will be more internal bw open in the USB2 hub so devices may not conflict with each other as much if you use a USB2 one. also its a good invesment if your dad ever updates to a PC with usb2 onboard
N/A

usb hub

Right got my usb hub PCWorld
check out link above well since i plugged it in and installed all my hardware such as printer, scanner etc i have had nothing but trouble the mouse a usb microsoft optical one which i have latest drivers has been moving without me touching the mouse up the screen adn the remote control for my digital tv card has just completely stopped working help!?!?!

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Link edited as it was stretching the screen]
N/A

usb hub

okay donty matter i got it all fixed
N/A

usb hub

what did you do to fix?