cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading to webspace

N/A

uploading to webspace

Maybe things have changed but last time i did this I uploaded what I needed to ftp.plus.net/htdocs and if I wanted to created a redirect say <myweb>/funpage I would put a line in a document somewhere in ftp.plus.net.
Well I can't find that page so I can add a new redirect ie <myweb>/mychild1 points at ftp.plus.net/htdocs/mychild1

Has this procedure changed?
2 REPLIES
N/A

uploading to webspace

Its not clear what you are trying to do. You upload the the htdoc folder and then you can create another folder if needed. You can setup the new folder to be the home for your webpage in the portal.
So if you create a new folder test and set it up in the portal your home page would try and load index.htm from the test dir.

Are you trying to point a webpage to the ftp?
N/A

uploading to webspace

Firstly let me mention that I am trying to remember how I did this a while ago so maybe I am just confused.
When I started I had to setup some sort of table to point to sub components in my web space if there were to be typed directly into a web browser.
For example I have www.ocluk.com as my web domain hosted by plusnet. Now if I wanted people to be able to type in www.ocluk.com/rental I had to add this to some sort of text document somewhere, even though in the directory structure it was still going to be /htdocs/rental.
Ths is how it was done year or so ago...
is this still necessary... I am not sure it is...