cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating drivers

nick73
Dabbler

updating drivers

I have an updated driver for my Alcatel Speedtouch 330 usb modem, but am unsure about how to get it to the correct place. Do I have to uninstall the old driver first before loading the new one? Any help would be gratefully received.
Nick.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

updating drivers

What form does the new driver come in - A zip (just unzip and run the setup app), exe (just run it), something else?

You can normally just run an included setup script to install it and you don't have to uninstall the original unless the install instructions state this must be done.
nick73
Dabbler

updating drivers

Hi Peter,
The driver set up says"Speedtouch 330 SeriesR4.0.0.5.exe"
So I take it from what you are saying, that I can just run it without uninstalling the current driver.
Thank you for your prompt and helpful reply.
Kindest Regards,
Nick.
nick73
Dabbler

updating drivers

Tried to update driver to the Alcatel speedtouch usb modem but it will not load. I keep getting these error messages:
Under "General" it says "Device not detected" and under "USB" it says "The USB cable of your device is not plugged into your computer" Which is a load of cobblers because my Modem has me connected to the internet, so it must be plugged in. Anyone got any idea what could be causing the update not to be able to detect my modem?
Nick.
Denzil
Grafter

updating drivers

Where did the upgrade come from? If you downloaded it from the speedtouch website then was there a "readme" file or similar in the zip file? If so read this first as it may give you some instructions.

Try running it with the modem plugged in, but disconnected from the internet, and unplug the cable that goes to the BT socket.
nick73
Dabbler

updating drivers

Hi Denzil,
I downloaded the update from the Alcatel web site. In the light of what you said I re-checked the site and discovered the problem. I had downloaded the 64 bit version and mine is 32. Problem solved I think. According to them the present driver is the most up to date. Thank you very much for your assistance. No doubt I will be back with other problems.
Kindest Regards,
Nick.