cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uninstalling winxp

N/A

uninstalling winxp

Hi, how do i uninstall winxp please?? i want to go back to win ME ,i have my reasons ,believe me thanks i have spare HD and slave drives i can use also is it possible too have 2 O S ,? ON Seperate HDs?? many thanks if any one can help. cheeeeerz Antony
4 REPLIES
N/A

uninstalling winxp

Errr is this a joke post ?

Believe me, Windows ME was the worst OS Microsoft ever released !!

Why do you want to get rid of XP ?
N/A

uninstalling winxp

If you install the secondary hard drive as a slave drive you can install Windows ME onto it without having to touch your Windows XP drive. All you need to do is put in the CDROM and push a key to boot from CDROM when it asks you too.

Then follow the installation and install on the Drive labelled D:
N/A

uninstalling winxp

windows 98SE, Windows 2000, windows XP choose from those, do not choose ME, it was awful, even MS admits that and has removed support etc for it. they even try to hide the fact it existed :p
N/A

uninstalling winxp

If you do want to remove Xp simple boot from a ME/win98 boot disk or cd and run fdisk to remove the partition.

If the drive is formated ntfs me wont see the contents without you use a third part tool. If you have it as fat32 you good put another disk in as master and put me on it and put the xp as a slave so in the future you could but it back as master if you want to boot to xp.

You could use somthing like Partition magic or Acronis to shrink the xp partition and move it to the back of the drive and then create a new partition for me and leave Xp on the other partion.

You can have upto 100 O/S but you often need a boot manager like system commander or bootmagic. There are free ones which will do the job for you