cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble making autorun cd in nero 6

Community Veteran

I have Nero 6 and I am trying to make a cd which autoruns when inserted in the cd drive. I have managed it once a few months ago but cannnot get it to work now when it counts.

The cd is basically a series of webpages and the autorun files are included in the main dir e:/ do i need to set it as udf / iso data

All help gratefully recieved.

A
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

appoliogies for duplicate post not sure what happened there.

A
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Not sure its a Nero problem.
Assuming you're on XP check what XP is trying to do. It should come up with a dialogue box when you insert the CD. If it doesn't you probably selected some action for all discs of this type in the past. I know I have a habit of doing that when I get sick of disks autostarting with media player or similar when I don't want them to.
N/A

On the root of the cd create a file autorun.inf with notepad and you need to put in

[autorun]
open= index.html

Change the index.htm to your file with no path you can get a file called run.exe which will run the file.
Community Veteran

I can write the contects to a dvd-rw and all is well, autorun start and everything work's.
I just can't wrte toa cd r which options fo i pick udf iso etc I wish the cd to start when inserted to drive. iso is for booting ?

do i choose data disk in nero or something else?

A