cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tft monitors

N/A

tft monitors

Does any 1 no were to get cheap 15" tft monitors from and do u no if they all have inbuilt speakers. Thanks
9 REPLIES
N/A

tft monitors

Why not visit a computer fair, there's loads of fairs advertised in 'MicroMart' every week (£1.60 from all good newsagents). These fairs sell new and used monitors of all makes and descriptions. Also in the same mag there's lots of classified ads for monitors.
N/A

tft monitors

Be careful though.... if you wanna view stuff like Vids and games e.t.c. you need one with a fast response time to prevent blurring... roughly 20ms as a max to 16 ms
Community Veteran

tft monitors

I recently bought a 15" Acer AL511 from Dabs for around £149

Is that cheap enough?

B.
Community Veteran

tft monitors

Hmm.... I picked up a decent monitor from Argos for £190 not too long ago... they do quite a few now!

Thomas
N/A

tft monitors

i prefer big, fat, and clunky (and cheap) CRT monitors Smiley
N/A

tft monitors

I have a crt 19" at the moment but i want one that takes a little less room up and dont weigh more than me
N/A

tft monitors

Haha, good point. My friend managed to pick up a very nice, thin, etc. TFT 17" (17" visible) effectively for £100 (was part of a nice computer package Smiley). I'd advise looking around fairs aswell, there are some real bargains to be had. Failing that, of if you can't find any, give eBay a try Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

tft monitors

I know it's perhaps a few quid more than some here at £220 but I can throughly recommend the Samsung SyncMaster 151s which has the added useful trick of being able to turn to portrait view, for those who've never tried this it can be very comfortable for a "natural A4" full page view.

The 151 doesn't have speakers, but another version (152 I think) has, but is of course a bit more money, suggest you save your money and invest in a decent set of speakers instead!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
N/A

tft monitors

There are quite a few available through Amazon and if you buy via ShopInternet part of the profit is given to charity. See http://cgi.hodgsob.plus.com/shop/electronics.php?keyword=tft%20monitor for TFT monitors.