cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temp disabling mouse wheel, how?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I'm trying in vain to disable my mouse wheel for a game which has a unchangeable command from the mouse wheel[engine speed up/down].

Now I have keys set for those commands but when using the middle mouse button the wheel slips occasionally and throws the fine control out by a sudden change in engine speed.

So does anyone know of a utility that can kill the mouse wheel temporarily, as I have tried via the mouse applet and via hardware manager but still can't.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
4 REPLIES
N/A

When you say "mouse applet" do you mean this is a program you installed from the manufacturer of your mouse? I've found with most wheel mice you can disable it through that kind of program.
Community Veteran

Thats why I'm asking for a 3rd party utility, as the applet doesn't have that option only to disable the middle button but not the wheel.

Nor setting the no wheel check on boot, kills it via the hardware manager in windows. To think of the years with other mice I tried to get the wheel to work all the time and now when I don't want it working and can't disable it.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

What's the make and model?
Community Veteran

ed: might as well make it a spec list

win2k Pro + SP4
Shouldn't be an issue but a Genius Netscroll Optical ps2 v7 drivers