cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

systems logs off during the night, please help needed

N/A

I run windows 2000 pro on a network with plusnet broadband. I run shareaza p2p during the night. when i come to look at pc in the morning its logged me off. There are no viruses and no spyware. Its just had a fresh install 2 weeks ago. Could it be hardware? Puzzled!
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Are you sure it has not rebooted due to hardware/software error during the night. I am not aware of any automatic logoff that can occur - it may run the screensaver due to being idle and it has been configured to require your password to be entered to continue - try setting the screen saver to blank or none and make sure nio password option ios ticked.

Check the event logs to see what might have happened.
N/A

Have you checked the event logs for errors or problems?

There are few programs that can re-boot your system, but you normally have to configure them, i.e. defrag programs

GB
N/A

Do you mean, logged you of then P2P network, lost DSL connection or the PC has shut down ??
You are not very clear on that matter.
N/A

i run shareaza minimized during the night.
There are no other apps working in the back ground.
I said it logged me off, it actually restarts, because it did it last night when i as watching tv.

I have no screen savers set.

Could it be a psu fault or main boardHuhHuh
N/A

Some viruses can cause a restart, a good virus scanner will find that out.
If it is a sudden shut down (like turning the power off) and restart, then it is almost certainly a hardware error.
I had a similar problem and it took months to sort out and I changed almost everything, including PSU. Eventually turned out to be a hard drive that was faulty.