cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some web pages dont load fully

N/A

when i check my emails at my hotmail account the page loads but there are bits missing 1 on top and 2 on the sides i think they are adds but this happens on other sites aswell my cookies are enabled pop up blocker is off also some pages dont load at all im running winxp pro ie 5 any help would be appreciated
6 REPLIES
vic_newey
Grafter

Have you got scripts disabled , adds usually require java enabled & if bits of the page are missing this is a likely cause I would think.
N/A

i have script debugging disabled i unchecked it and the other script thing and tryed hotmail page no better could this have something to do with java
N/A

You say your running IE5 Is that correct as that should be on the antiques road show. If it is IE5 it may not know how to deal with certain modern webpages using CCS, javascript etc.

Download firefox or upgrade to IE7
N/A

downloaded firefox still the same on hotmail email page but i think i will use firefox now many thanks anyway
N/A

I don't use Hotmail (normally shudder at the name) but is it possible they use Flash for their adverts? If so then you'll need a working copy of the flash plugin on your machine before these will display correctly. This can be downloaded here for free (although I'd dump the Yahoo! toolbar that's bundled with it).

I am slightly confused though, as I would have thought you'd be prompted to install flash if it was required to display a page.

In terms of Javascript, I can't see this as being a problem for displaying simple banner adds- and if it's an "interactive" advert then again Flash probably more likely. Can't hurt to check your "internet security settings" in relation to Javascript though.

Incidentally, for those who frequently visit the same site and find banner adverts inappropriate or annoying- you can right click on an imagine in Firefox and "block images from". Do be careful not to block the site domain though, as you'll then be blocking content images and not just the adverts.
shellsong
Grafter

If you've got Firefox and want to minimise the annoyance of unwanted ads, install the extensions Adblock and Adblock Filterset.G Updater