cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router problems

Community Veteran

router problems

First Q. full make/model of the router please? - there are many different Belkin routers so this is the first bit of info we will need.
6 REPLIES
N/A

router problems

hi i hope someone can help.

i have just bought a belkin router and i am having no luck getting onto the web. i'm sure my problem is in the setup but i've been going round for hours and hours now and i'm loosing patience fast. please any suggestions.
N/A

router problems

its the f5d7630-4a model. thanks for helping
N/A

router problems

its from their 802.11g range. its the adsl modem with built in wireless router
N/A

router problems

its the f5d7630-4a model. thanks for helping

That's what I use. Do I understand correctly that you've set it up using the wizard, but still can't access the internet?

Is the green SYN light showing? If so, your line is activated; if not, it isn't activated yet.
Is the green DATA light showing? If so, the router is connected to the ISP, and the problem is in your PC setup.
Your PC needs to be set up to use the router as its default gateway and its DNS source, so you need to set these two items to 192.168.2.1 (assuming that you haven't changed the router's IP address).

Eric
N/A

router problems

hi there

thanks for the info

the syc light isn't on.!!

did you find the setup tutorial on the disk misleadingHuh
N/A

router problems

the syn light isn't on.!!

did you find the setup tutorial on the disk misleadingHuh

If the SYN light isn't on then either your line is not yet activated or there's something wrong with your connection to the line (you haven't got the telephone lead plugged into one of the LAN ports have you?).

I didn't look at the tutorial, so it had no opportunity to confuse me Smiley

Eric