cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replace my AMD 64 3500+ with the AMD 64 4400X2 dual core pro

N/A

Just about to replace my AMD 64 3500+ with the AMD 64 4400X2 dual core processor, the question is should I use the cooler or stick with my Artic cooling freezer 64?
8 REPLIES
N/A

neither, get water cooling ^_^, or check out some of the new zalman HSF etc, cos the one you have may not be able to cool the X2 that well
N/A

Stick with the Freezer 64, much better than the stock cooler, and quieter Smiley
N/A

Stick with the Freezer 64, much better than the stock cooler, and quieter Smiley

Aye, do as Paco said, the Freezer does its job better than the stock cooling, alot better. And arguably as good as some of the low end water cooling kits.
Highlighted
N/A

so get a good water cooling kit Tongue
N/A

so get a good water cooling kit Tongue

Unless your seriously into overclocking Water seems a waste of money to me, and even then there a better things than Water for when you are overclocking. The only thing Water cooling is really known for is the silence, and even then you could get the same sort of silence from a good HSF for 1/10th the price and only a few celsius different.

Water Cooling will become mainstream once CPUs require it, until then it is very much look upon as a luxury thing.
N/A

not really, its a lot nicer than HSFs cos of how quite it can be, the fact it can run with no fans, and tbh its no longer that expensive. oh and once you have a full water cooling setup you will not need to change it when u get a new cpu etc.. unlike with most HSF combos
N/A

not really, its a lot nicer than HSFs cos of how quite it can be, the fact it can run with no fans, and tbh its no longer that expensive. oh and once you have a full water cooling setup you will not need to change it when u get a new cpu etc.. unlike with most HSF combos

I don’t see the point of getting a water cooling kit if the Freezer is going to give you similar performance and operate at a similar noise level (the Freezer is virtually silent)

I agree with Fearfactor, water cooling is still considered luxury and can work out very expensive, if not at first, in the long run it will because of the upkeep. Freezer is ~ £17, watercoolng from ~ £90 upwards...

Silence be can achieved without water cooling, i have 7 v modded my 120mm case fans, chucked a Freezer on the cpu and i have a Zalman VF700 for my X850 which is also running at 7 volt, i can say it all runs very nicely indeed.
N/A

The freezer is working brill temps for the CPU are 31/32 idle and 39/40 under load, I don't think that is bad. However, the PWMIC is 47 idle going up to 55 under load which I think is excessive, anyone know a good way to get that temp down? I have the DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-D mobo.