HELP

I had some files in the recycle bin and went in and restored them
but no idea what so ever what bot of the pc that have gone to
anyone with any ideas Huh?
7 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

recycle bin

Can you remember the name of one of them or the file extension type and do a system search with *. before the extension

This will bring up all files of this type and you may have a very long list to go through depending on the type but you will find them eventually
N/A

help

no idea
they got put in the bin by mistake by my partner and they just clicked restore al i know is that thay were photos
Community Veteran

recycle bin

Although not very helpful they should have restored to their original location. I am guessing that if they are photo's then thy would be jpgs so I would suggest searching with *.jpg
N/A

help

Hi
thanks for the help cannot seem to find them lol
loads of other photos i did not know was on the pc but nothing to do with my stuff
did not know so many jpgs on here lol
thanks for your help
jazz
Grafter

recycle bin

One of the best progs I know for finding and indexing/cataloging photos is Picasa 2 from Google which is a free download - perhaps worth trying this? :?
N/A

recycle bin

would that find the lost files Huh?
been looking all day, even put one extra one in bin and did a restore but it did not say where the thing went lol
holdtight
Grafter

recycle bin

No it doesnt tell you where its restoring them to it will just restore to where they were deleted from

Where did you keep all of your images as this is where they will be restored to, was it in the
"my pictures" folder ?

Are you absolutely sure that restore was clicked and not delete as that would explain why you cant find them anywhere

If your sure they were not deleted then as suggested download and run Picasa 2 or any other similar cataloguing app and this will list all your images / files on your hard drive in the one place