cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

raid or sata2 how do i set it up

N/A

i have a raid ulitily on start up ali i have a asrockdeul-sata2 m/b when installing this drive i did what windows said and make a floppy disk for my hard drive which is a wd1600js 8mb 300psp 160gb sata2 in the bios i make it a none raid because i have only 1 drive is that right

ps can i uninstall the raid manager when starting the pcHuh

p ps::::::: it show in the uiltly at 150 speed it should be 300
7 REPLIES
N/A

indeed you can not have RAID due to the fact you have only one disk.

no you can not remove the RAID utility as its firmware on a chip -- removing it will probably break the chip in such a way you can not even see your hard disks.

I cant say why its seeing the disk as SATA not SATA2 but it doesnt really matter -- there will be no situation where you are writing at more than 100mb/s (so no where near 300mb/s) -- yet the disk will still do SATA2 speeds even if the bios thinks its SATA (you may need a bios flash)
N/A

Raid 0

Actually Raid 0 is one disk (bit picky I know)
N/A

no, its not.. Raid0 news TWO disk

RAID 0

A RAID 0 (also known as a striped set) splits data evenly across two or more disks with no parity information for redundancy. It is important to note that RAID 0 was not one of the original RAID levels, and is not redundant. RAID 0 is normally used to increase performance, although it can also be used as a way to create a small number of large virtual disks out of a large number of small physical ones.

so what can we learn from this, RAID0 is over two or more disks
N/A

A very useful (pretty pictures etc) guide to RAID can be found here...
http://www.acnc.com/raid.html.

Though it doesn't list all the non-standard modes it does a good job with the all standard modes...
N/A

OOPs

Sorry,

You are quite right raid ) is stripped

My Error

Ned to engage brain before turning on typing fingers

Cheesy
N/A

Opps again

That should have read raid 0 not raid )

Brain still not engaged
N/A

Nope, its the shift key which you need to disengage rather than engaging the brain Wink