cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printers won't print.

vic_newey
Grafter

printers won't print.

I finally got around to installing XP SP2 & everything is fine except my printers now refuse to print.

I have Epsom CX5200 & Samsung ML- 4500 Laser.

Drivers are installed properly, the print preview etc. all works o.k but when I press 'print' it displays -document failed to print. error.

No update drivers appear to be available, the Epsom ( 18 months old ) is not even mentioned on their website anymore.

I noted a common error when looking on the various forums etc. that each time the printer is turned on it says in a bubble , ''new hardware found - installed -ready for use etc. Mine does this also.

I
5 REPLIES
N/A

printers won't print.

Hi there,

There should be no problem with your Epson printer and XP SP2. We have installed several with no issues.

Current Driver here http://esupport.epson-europe.com/GettingStarted.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=3F1C5E01CCD11E376E07AFF43CC194E2...

With regards the ML 4500, whilst a great printer, it has always been problematic with XP SP1 never mind SP2. There used to be a workaround for installation issues where by you installed the ML4600 Driver along side the correct one and that resolved that problem.

Havent worked with the ML 4500 for a couple of years.

Regards

Mark
vic_newey
Grafter

printers won't print.

Many thanks for that,
just downloaded , installed & working, can't understand why I could not find this on Epson site yesterday. I still think I will get the new hardware found problem tho & it adds another printer, its just done it now with a restart ! so I now have Epson CX5200 (2) & next time it will be (3) I guess I just keep deleting them.

I had the Samsung working with SP1 without problems strangely enough.
Anyway ,thanks again for your help
N/A

printers won't print.

Hi,

At the risk of sounding patronising, you arent trying to install the printer with the USB cable attached?

If yes, uninstall and re-install, only connecting the cable when prompted by the wizard.

Apologies if if this is not what you are doing.

Regards

Mark
vic_newey
Grafter

printers won't print.

Epson working o.k. did you mean the samsung ? its parallel port not usb
N/A

printers won't print.

Hi,

It was the Epson I was referring to. If its working fine then happy days.

Glad you got it sorted.

Best regards

Mark