cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power light- confused

N/A

power light- confused

i have had the internet for a year and everything was fine, but i have found that the green light for the power does not come on anymore (on the ADSL Router). does this mean that i have a problem with my internet? Should i try to get it back on?

any help is appreciated

sandy
7 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

power light- confused

Hi Sandy and welcome

Can you be a bit clearer as to which light it is thats not on ? you say its the power but i suspect its more likely the ADSL light which flashes initially then stays solid once your line has synched to the exchange

I dont know are you having internet problems at the moment as you dont actually say so a few more details would be helpful

Have you tried unplugging everything then rebooting, have you still got a phone signal and can you check your exchange status here http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
N/A

power light- confused

hello,

sorry about the lack of information, i used to have four lights that appear once i turn the internet on my ADSL Router, its the power, DSL, Internet and ethernet. all of them come on when i turn the computer on, but the light under the name 'power' does not come on anymore. While i am not having problems with the internet and still can use the internet, i have noticed that the internet does tend to be a bit more slow.

i havent tried re-booting, but i will try that next, i dont really know that much about computers and just wanted to ask if anyone knew what was happening.

Also what is ATL71.DLL?

thank you for your reply
Community Veteran

power light- confused

First you have forgotten to tell us what ADSL equipment you ae using. There are 100s of different makes/models all with many lights on.

Second why do you ask what ATL71.DLL is. Are you getting an error somewhere and if so, when does it happen?
N/A

power light- confused

its the voyager 210 adsl router, but not sure what other information you may need (but please let me know where i could find it and i will supply it to you)

and i am getting a ATL71.DLL error message. but im hoping its from something i downloaded and will gobe fixed if i removed it from the system, since i just got he message yesterday after i downloaded something. am i correct?
holdtight
Grafter

power light- confused

If your getting an ATL71.DLL error then yes i would suggest it is possibly something you downloaded

was it music match by any chance ?

Do you have up to date firewall and antivirus programs and also to be on the safe side download and run spybotS&D and adaware updating both before running

A very quick google search for ATL71.DLL reveals this linky which gives many reasons for this error
N/A

power light- confused

it was a software for a course, and i have deleted it. So im hoping that problem will be fixed, and i will also get some anti-virus software, since mine is not up-to-date.
But im still confused about my router problem, is the fact that the light does not come on, Smiley Smiley Smiley mean i have a internal problem with my internet? or does it mean that everything is ok and i shouldnt worry about? - i just need to know, so i can get it sorted, and i will reboot, just to make sure that is not the problem,

thank you for your help holdtight
Denzil
Grafter

power light- confused

If the other lights are on, and it is still connecting to the internet at normal speed, then there is probably nothing to worry about. Speeds naturally vary, of course, depending who else is sharing your line (contention), how busy the ISP and host servers are etc.

It could be simply the LED has failed.