cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port-forwarding problems

N/A

port-forwarding problems

I have a mac and i am connected to plusnet via an X-station wireless router. I am trying to use port 3031 (used by apple remote events) so i can access a part of my mac remotely. To do this, I set up port forwarding on my router by setting public port start and end to "3031" and private port to "3031". I also set host address to the internal IP (10.0.0.3) of the computer i am trying to access (I wasn't sure if this was the correct setting). After no joy, I ran port scan on port 3031, ip address as my external ip address 187.xxx.xx.xxx - it came up with nothing. I am yet to try accessing from another place (currently I am attempting it on the same network diffrent computer but obviously using the external IP) - would this make a difference? Any other ideas why it is not working? Any help appreciated, thanks.
5 REPLIES
MysteryFCM
Grafter

port-forwarding problems

First thing I would try would be from outside of the network as some routers do not support loopback (no idea about yours as I have never used a MAC, let alone the X-station router)
N/A

port-forwarding problems

OK, I figured it might be that, havent had a chance to try it yet. Thanks for your help will post again if it still doesnt work..
MysteryFCM
Grafter

port-forwarding problems

No problem Wink
N/A

port-forwarding problems

My router manufacturer, ADSLnation, said that this was the case and I had to access it from outside my network. However, I tried this today, didnt work. Any other ideas?
MysteryFCM
Grafter

port-forwarding problems

Can you get anything from the port from outside of the network? (if not, ensure you don't have anything blocking it).