cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pop ups

slanjavah
Grafter

pop ups

Hi can anyone help for some reason when on websites do not get popups, I know these can be annoying however but on some sites they are required eg when on my internt banking site when you log on it brings up a "popup". Have checked settings under internet options and is set for popup to be allowed have also checked on my internet security and again pop up blocker is off. Did not have any problem till a couple days ago. Can anyone suggest a cure.

Jim

May the force be with you
7 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

pop ups

If your using IE go to tools privacy then pop up blocker settings

Here you can add sites that you want to allow pop ups or you could turn it off altogether

If your (hopefully) using firefox go to Tools Options then the content tab

From there, you can do the following things:

Block pop-up windows: Deselect this option preference to
disable the popup blocker altogether.

Exceptions dialog: This is a list of sites that you want to allow to display popups where you have the following choices:

Allow: Click this to add a web site to the exceptions list.

Remove Site: Click this to remove a web site from the exceptions list.

Remove All Sites: Click this to remove all of the web sites in the exceptions list.

If this is not working have you tried clearing the cache cookies ect and rebooting

Do you get the pop up bar at the top of your browser when there detected ?
slanjavah
Grafter

pop ups

using IE7 and do not get bar at top of page, also am unable to open website from address in email
N/A

pop ups

What happened when you tried the first suggestion?
If your using IE go to tools privacy then pop up blocker settings

Here you can add sites that you want to allow pop ups or you could turn it off altogether
slanjavah
Grafter

pop ups

Hi thanks for replies have not been able to sort out problem nut have changed browser to firefox and it working fine

Jim

N/A

pop ups

Firefox does tend to work better from most people's experience.

Out of interest, what happened when you tried allowing pop-ups for the sites?

What prevented IE7 from allowing you to add the sites you needed to have pop-ups working for?
slanjavah
Grafter

pop ups

not sure added them but to no avail had worked without any problem then all of a sudden did not allow pop ups I had not changed any settings so unsure as to why suddenly stopped allowing popups, however firefox seems to be allowing me to access all sites that I want without any problems so think I will stick with it.

Jim

N/A

pop ups

Thats Microsoft programming for you!

Good luck with FF. Cool