cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet (2yrold) 1port router globespanvirata solwise prob

N/A

basically iv been experiencing some speed problems with plusnet for the past few days so im trying 2 eliminate my end.
i have raised a ticket and is goin threw the process

i did a last clean config reboot of the router/modem above and now i cant seem 2 connect to it.

im currently using a usb sadem that is absolute tripe for gaming Shocked
iv raised a ticked and a trace-route istill saying the same conclution it isnt my end but still would like my old router back up when my connection is fixed

any1 wiz kids here Shocked

was thinking the dns ip had changed on the router it self i was using
192.168.7.1 - router
192.168.7.2 - me
192.168.7.3 - brother
using a switch currnetly but that is irrelivent i also try'd a direct connection past the switch but no difference jst 2 make sure.

any help Shocked thanx

David Smith
:C
13 REPLIES
N/A

whats the routers config?
what settings are your pcs set to use as the gateway etc?
can you connect to the router its self?
what firmware are you running on it?

surly as a gamer your PC should be able to handle a USB modem as well as a game -- if not, update your PC!
N/A

router config? the one originaly on the modem Huh

pref DNS 192.168.7.1
alt DNS BLANK
default gateway 192.168.7.1
subnetmask 255 255 255 0

if i cud connect 2 it i wouldnt be posting.
fireware globespanvirata
think the make is solwise after google love

this usb modem gives me a 20+ ping + on top of my connection problems im getting a 90ping solid + with spikes
N/A

well you did a reset of the router, maybe it lost its config? so u cant connect to it to see what it has running? (http /telnet / ssh?)
N/A

take it you mean youve done a factory reset if not I would then put your username & password in the router also will need to do a network setup then you should be able to get going ,Messing around with settings on routers you should have wrote it all down before you started then you wouldnt have this problem if you do a factory reset then it should pick up all the info it needswhen you put it on line.
hope this helps sort it out
N/A

thanx buttons it seems u might have the problem there, but thanx for telling me how 2 give it a config. its bad enough plusnet not being able 2 find my fault on my line still getting half my speed in 3 speed tests and theres nothing wrong with it .......

someone help me with giving my router the config so that i can connect 2 it using 192.168.7.1 as normal.
N/A

What speed problem are you getting and how do you know its Plus net and not your pc?
N/A

because iv run every spybot + virus scan under the sun + using 2 pc's and both experience same speed problems.

mabye...
N/A

iv had a word with various ppl and i believe its done a manufact reboot and there ip is completely different, how do i find out this ip, can i go threw the console port on the router and change its bios or update it?

some idea's please?
N/A

If you did a reboot clean, the SAR110 will not have ethernet configured, and you will need to connect to it via the serial port and do a reboot last.

Tim
jabb0
Grafter

Now sounds like a good time to backup my router config for the first time ever.
N/A

If you did a reboot clean, the SAR110 will not have ethernet configured, and you will need to connect to it via the serial port and do a reboot last.

Tim

see now thats what i think it is, can i configure is threw the console rj45 port?

as it is like serial, wasnt that put in a museum?
N/A

Hardly, lots of things still have a serial port. If you cannot telnet to the SAR110 any longer, then the serial port is the only way you will be able to reconfigure it.

Tim
N/A

Hardly, lots of things still have a serial port. If you cannot telnet to the SAR110 any longer, then the serial port is the only way you will be able to reconfigure it.

Tim

I had a Solwise Router, and while I can't recall the exact model number, 110 looks very familiar. It was in an old fashioned looking dark brown metal box. I'd had it for a few years.

Anyway my point is that when I upgraded from 512Mb to 2MB the router stopped connecting.

I had Plusnet doing loads of tests, a BT Engineer out twice (who confirmed the line was okay) and in the end, in desperation, I bought a new el cheapo router which worked right away.

HTH

Martin