cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pc running slow

N/A

pc running slow

Hi big probs since i installed new MB/and Video Card.
pccchips M848A board and New Radeon 9200crard , 512 ddr mem,2200XPathelon, and can i get it runnin as woz B4, no its slower, i had trouble with the card untill i installed updated drivers, but now dcreen freezes at least 3 or 4 times a day, and clock is forever losin time in spite of showin correct time in cmos ect, pc is just runnin sl,ower than previos, what is the problem guys please dont want to take everything out again arghhhhhhhhhhhhh
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

pc running slow

Is the processor being recognised as the correct name and speed - i.e. have you adjusted the FSB in the BIOS to be correct for the processor. Some default to 100 which is not correct for your processor (it should be 133).

Did you remove the old mobo chipset drivers before changing the mobo. If not they are probably interfering and causing issues. Go to add/remove and see if you can see the old chipset drivers are remove them - you should do this is safe mode. You should also remove any other drivers related to the old mobo like onborad graphics, VGA drivers, IDE drivers etc.

Then install the chipset drivers for your new mobo (should be included with the board).

If that is not possible, your only option is a full reinstall of windows.

Just swapping out one mobo with another without removing the drivers for the old one can cause system instability as you are seeing.
holdtight
Grafter

pc running slow

i had a similar problem with a pc chips board some time ago in that the video card was not compatible with the board at all and would not even get as far as yours has and it was only a Gforce mx 440, pc chips dont seem to test very many cards with there boards,

it should be listed in your m`board manual or there was a list on their web site,
if it is compatible and not the vid card then there could be endless reasons for your probs, have you checked all is set properly in the bios as just one setting out of place can throw everything out especially with these boards, follow your manual for this

if you cant find anything amiss and as its one youve only just put together i would strip it down again and start from scratch following step by step from your manual ensuring that your m`board is well insulated from the tray it sits on, i always use plastic risers on mine or plastic washers between the board and riser

someone else may have some different or better advice for you,

Good luck
holdtight
Grafter

pc running slow

hi peter, i was writing my reply to the post when you submitted yours so i didnt read it before
what wasnt clear and am i right in thinking that the board and vid card has just been swapped into an up and running system without any thing else being done? if this is the case it puts a whole different light on things as the original post reads as if this is a new installation or have i missed something?
N/A

thx

Cheesy thanks, i did not remove olf drivers an my guess is ur right, bought this board on advice from m8 who has had no probs, iv seen it workin, so down to work on the bugger now , silly me , ok thankx