cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pc reset it self?

N/A

pc reset it self?

I was on the net and my pc reset it self twice. And windows came up with the error message sayin a data log has been created. And these technical information came up.

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini080104-04.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\goose\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml.

Any ideas whats going on
16 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

pc reset it self?

Hi,

It's difficult to say. The 2 files listed there are logs of what was happening when it crashed. The minidump file is log of what was in the memory and the sysdata.xml file I believe is part of Microsoft's error reporting tool and contains all the information to send to them.
N/A

pc reset it self?

Thanks for that. Do you think i should just run some programmes like adware and stuff. To see if it will remove anything.
N/A

pc reset it self?

These error are crashes. You can try running such software, but such errors are usualy caused by hardware or compatability faults.
N/A

pc reset it self?

Me thinks that the pc is over heating.
N/A

pc reset it self?

Is this with your new motherboard?
N/A

pc reset it self?

Yeah hatton. Probley some stuff needs sorting still but i am using it now all good
N/A

pc reset it self?

You can stop the PC from auto-rebooting on such errors by doing the following.

Goto the system control panel (WINDOWS KEY + PAUSE/BREAK)
Click the Advanced tab
Click "Settings" in the "Startup and Recovery" section
Untick "Automaticaly restart"
N/A

pc reset it self?

With the motherboard i have this monitoring programme were its looks at all the things on the pc to see if its working. Under power fan and chassis fan it says ruuning below threshold. How do i sort this out?
Community Veteran

pc reset it self?

Forget PCProbe / ASUS probe, it is never reliable, even when run on ASUS boards - loads of threads on this all over the place.

Use Motherboard Monitor which is much more reliable and see what it says. To know what sensors are for what, read the motherboard List section of the Motherboard Monitor website.

Then post what the temps, fan speeds and voltages it reports.

You did replace the thermal grease between the heatsink and the processor when you put the processor on the new motherboard. If not, then the CPU may be getting too hot because the thermal tranfer is no good between the CPU and heatsink. Get yourself some arctic Silver 3 or 5.
N/A

pc reset it self?

mbm still gets it wrong.. also the temp sensors on asus boards are WAY off.. mbm reads mine as 40 when a proper probe reads it as 30 (water cooled Wink)

Buz
N/A

pc reset it self?

Its werid though aint it how it reads it wrong and all. Thanks all For the advice. Also when i get my funds back up were can i go for some cheap ram. Cause i think 512 strips are about 50 quid. And do you think i should upgrade the procesor soon. Its an amd xp 2100 which i think is not to bad
N/A

pc reset it self?

Don't buy cheap ram. Cheap RAM is the cause of most hardware problems.

Where possible, delay upgrades for indefinate periods, so you can save up for a high quality system.
Community Veteran

pc reset it self?

As this topic now seems to have little to do with internet security I have moved it to a more appropriate forum.
N/A

pc reset it self?

Ok then were can u get good ram from at a decent price. Overclockers places like thatr