Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pc help

N/A

pc help

Hi
Can anyone help me?
I have "Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger" error popping up and freezing up my system.
89 REPLIES
N/A

pc help

Restart the system and keep tapping the F8 key to get the Advanced Options Menu. Select safe mode using the arrow keys and press ENTER twice.

Go in to the Administrator account if given the option.

If you have system restore try that. If problems are ongoing return and try using msconfig to disable your TSR's...

Go to Start > Run and type in 'msconfig' without the quotation marks and press ENTER. Click on the Startup tab and untick all items and then click OK. Restart when prompted, this may help.

Please understand that any anti virus and firewall software may be disabled but this procedure is completely reversible if necessary.

Hope this helps.

Will.
N/A

pc help

hi
Dr Watson Postmortem debugger is not the only error i'm getting.
I get blue screens and my computer restarts itself . Here is my error link
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/Response.aspx?SID=603
N/A

pc help

Well let us know how you get on with the above. Then if problems persist, let us know in the forum what is says on the blue screen.
N/A

pc help

Possible symptoms of overheating or an inadequate power supply.

Try cleaning all the dust off your fans/intakes and your CPU heatsink/fan. Run the PC with the cover off to see if that gives any improvement.

Have you installed any new hardware recently?

Download Memtest from here and post your results.
N/A

pc help

yes. I installed a new hard drive and ram .but i kept getting these problems even before i installed new hardware . My friend cleaned the inside of tower case.
N/A

pc help

I have you tried what I suggested earlier?

If problems are ongoing, let us know and include what is mentioned on the blue screen in the forum. Also, let us know if it is always the same error message.

In addition, if problems remain, does it always happens as soon as you get in to Windows or is it happening at what seems to be random?
N/A

pc help

Your PSU may be too weak. What's the output on the +12V rail? It should be written on the label on the side. You can calculate the rating of the PSU your rig needs at this website.

Your problem certainly sounds like memory, power or heat.
N/A

pc help

This is how the story goes so far. I kept and i still keep getting blue screens on my system. My friend who is more computer minded than i has helped me to reinstall windows xp pro hoping that it will solve the blue screen problems and every other problem. After windows xp has been reinstalled. We tried for a long time to download windows xp service pack 2 and finally we succeeded. The next day I turned on my pc waiting for my desktop to load. I click on one of the desktop icons and i got windows explorer error. I click that away and i got "Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger" error on my screen.I tried to click that away but the system froze and it was panic time for me. I shut down and reboot the system.
I don't know if it's caused by a hardware of software problem or whether i'm getting the blue screen because it's linked to "Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger". I don't know. But here is a address of a similar or the same problem that my system is having
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_screen_of_death
i hope it make it clearer to understand the problem
N/A

pc help

If you have reloaded Windows then it backs up the argument that this is a hardware problem. Its useful if you supply as much information in the original post as possible, your most recent post would have been best.

Can you let us know what it says on the blue screen? It may help provide us more information instead of us just guessing for example where the fault maybe.

Are there any patterns as to when the blue screens occur? Is it only after the system has had time to heat up for example? Is it fine on a cold start first thing in the morning?
N/A

pc help

When i get a blue screen it says
"Beginning Dump of Physical Memory"
" Physical Memory Dump Complete"
N/A

pc help

I don't get the blue screen straight after i turn on the computer. When i'm in the middle of doing something that takes me an hour or two or longer to do. I either get the blue screen or it restarts itself. When i get the blue screen I shutdown and reboot the system . I get an error message and it gives me the option to send an error report or not to send. Then when i would click on one of my desktop icons i get "windows explorer "error .Then "Dr Watson Debugger" appears and my whole systems freezes and i can't click on anything. I end up having to shutdown and reboot the system. When i connect to the internet to check emails or do other things i click the icons in the taskbar and through "start and all programs"
N/A

pc help

Have you run Memtest?

It's worth bearing in mind that some of the things people post here to help may seem odd or unrelated to you. However it helps us if you follow these suggestions and post the results.

It helps the diagnosis of your problem and either identifies or eliminates common PC problems that have similar symptons to yours.
N/A

pc help

How can i diagnose the problems of my hardwares of softwares to know exactly what is faulty or not faulty?
N/A

pc help

Sorry - I'm not sure what you're asking.