cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pc help please

bigtim
Grafter

pc help please

can anyone tell me what this is and why ive suddenly got it on my pc'its running at 614.4kbps

linky linky to image

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Changed image to URL as it was stretching the page.]
3 REPLIES
bigtim
Grafter

pc help please

anyone
holdtight
Grafter

pc help please

Hi
Linux IGD is a UPnP (universal plug and play) gateway service for Linux and a Windows MAPI compliant technology that by-passes your default gateway, it usually shows under network connection after installing or uninstalling a router, wireless card, or even just re-inserting your Ethernet cables from your DSL modem or sometimes after installing or updating messaging services like MSN messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Remote Assistance, Remote Desktop etc... and usually shows up when your remote system is active.

This problem is actually due to a windows networking component and a P2P port thats open

remove the check from Internet Gateway found under the Windows Components Network Services entry

Click on Add Remove Programs in your control panel
Click on Windows Components (Add or Remove)
Click on the details button by the Network Services
Remove check by Internet Gateway

Your Linux Lan igd will be gone for good. This is something that is affected by Windows update and does involve Messenger software. It can and does mess up broadband connectivity.
bigtim
Grafter

pc help please

Thank you for your informative reply,much appreciated. Cheesy
Beginning to think i was alone Cheesy
Once again thanks