cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pc going slower and a problem with steaming vids?

N/A

This past week my pc has been going very slow. I got rid of 1 problem now i have another one. It seems 2 go slower i have adware programmes they find things but nowt seems 2happen. When i go 2 stream vids they just say programme is not responding. It seems 2 take it a while 2 get things 2 work.

Any ideas what cud of gone wrong
4 REPLIES
the_norris
Grafter

Hi

May be some PC specs will help people to help you. CPU,RAM OS, Free diskspace etc.

Firstly - if XP or 2000 - try using TaskManager to see if any process is hogging the CPU etc.

I see you ran adware removal program. Also run a full virus scan.
Clear out your temp directorys.

Also defrag may help too.

You did say it only started last week - did you install any thing new - software or hardware or make a config change.

Phil
N/A

I have used a couple of system restores and them have worked. But my firewall with norton did not work. So i have restored it again and that works again. Just hope the slowness dont return.

My spec is

amd xp 2100
512ddr ram
60 gig hard drive
128mb sdr graphics card
at da moment it says 25 gig free but i am doing disk defrag
the_norris
Grafter

I take it your OS is Win XP?

Just a note - have you set windows auto update to download then notify you BEFORE installing? That way you can may a note of what gets installed. Has been know for Windows Updates to mess up PCs.

Phil
N/A

Yes i am on xp. I have downloaded all the new patced i am up 2 date. I just used system restory again and everything is back 2 what it shud be.