cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oout of range

superloon
Grafter

oout of range

just bought pc for my son to put in his bedroom just bought the tower because he already has tv\monitor when i try to connect the tower the tv says out of range and the screen is blank its 20inch flat screen tried a few diffrent settings but no joy can anyone help
thank you? Sad
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

oout of range

what type of connector are you using on the graphics card
Look at the bottom card here which shows the two types - analogue or digital
http://www.pchardware.co.uk/graphiccards.php
Njal
Grafter

oout of range

You could try booting the computer in safe mode and see if that works.

Check that the video sync signal coming from your graphics card is specified for the monitor, eg 60, 72, 75 Mhz.

What type of graphics card and monitor are you using?

Regards

Neil
superloon
Grafter

oout of range

basic agp with s-video
superloon
Grafter

oout of range

navidia geforce4 mx 440 its on 60 mhz what the tv recommends
grimme
Grafter

oout of range

I've had a similar problem in the past with connecting a mini PC to a TV/Monitor.

What I had to do then was to connect the PC to a standard monitor and then adjust the output settings on the graphics card to tell it to connect to a TV, then switch off, unplug the monitor, connect the TV, change to the PC channel and switch on the PC.

Newer LCD TV's seem to have a direct VGA connection that should detect the PC and just need the right A/V channel selected to display output (most can toggle (at least) between AV1, AV2, Composite and PC).

HTH
superloon
Grafter

oout of range

can you tell me how to adjust the output settings on the graphics card to tell it to connect to a TV,
thankyou
Community Veteran

oout of range

You should find a suitable option within your graphics card drivers options - via "Display Properties".

Right click desktop> choose "properties" > opens "Display Properties" > click "settings" tab > click"advanced" button > find the tab relating to your graphics card driver > look through the options within this tab.

I've never connected a TV before, but I think what I said above should get you there.
grimme
Grafter

oout of range

This page gives details on setting up a TV with the Nvidia card.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/reviews/3mon_gf4/

HTH