cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

networking

N/A

networking

hi guys i need some help i have broadband through plus net .i've netwoked pc+laptop (wireless) but if i want to surf on laptop i have to turn on pc then connect i've heard of routers but dont realy understand can someone helpHuhHuh
10 REPLIES
N/A

networking

Hi,

can you describe the setup that you've current got, and how your connecting to the internet at the moment.

Aaron
N/A

networking

hi my pc connects to the net through the pci adsl modem ,which connects to the phone wall socket via high speed phone cable into adsl splitter
the pc has a 802.11g wireless network card the laptop has 802.11g wireless notebook card hope this helpsHuh
N/A

networking

What operating system are the two PC's running on?
N/A

networking

the pc is on ME & the laptop is on XP home
N/A

networking

Have you tried running the network wizard on XP, and then creating a disk from it, and poping this into the ME machine. I'm sort of assuming you may have done this already since the impression I'm getting is that the two machines are already connected together.

Aaron
N/A

networking

yes done that but if i want run the laptop online do i need a router??assuming the pc is not switched on
N/A

networking

No, since your connection can be shared via your existing PCI modem
Community Veteran

networking

Not if the PC is not switched on it cant :?

If you want to be able to have each PC access the net without the other switched on then yes you need a router.
Suggest a 4 port router either netgear or Dlink.
They are very easy to set up and you could have up to 4 PC connected to the net all independent.
N/A

networking

Very True .

If your going to get a router, I would recommed a Netgear DG834G for wireless connection.
N/A

networking

thanxs guys thats wot i need Cheesy