cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network connection

morgan2476
Grafter

network connection

I have connected a pc and laptop, I have gone through the wizard setup on both machines - what next - how does one transfer data from one to the other - how can i use the laptop to access the internet. there seems to be a connection between both machines but that's it
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

network connection

What ADSL equipment are you using and how is it cnnected to the PCs (Ethernet, USB, wireless) and was ADSL working before you connected both PCs together. Which PC is ther ADSL connected to or are both connected to a router. If using a router, did you setup bboth PCs to obtain their IP address automatically.

Also software firewalls have to be configured to allows each PC to access each other.

If you are using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) then some software firewalls like the free ZoneAlarm do not work.
morgan2476
Grafter

network connection

I have connected network to network and i am using the voyager for the outside connection
Denzil
Grafter

network connection

So you have a network cable going between the network ports on the two PCs? Is it a crossover cable? A standard (non-crossed) cable connects a PC to a hub or router, connecting two PCs needs a crossover cable where the connections in the plugs are reversed.
morgan2476
Grafter

network connection

Yes it is a crossover cable
Community Veteran

network connection

Have you made a folder or folders on each drive "Sharable" so that they appear when viewed with "My Computer" to have the held out hand under there icons?
If not then click on fthe "File tab" and then select "Sharing and Security" from the drop down box.