cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing certificate

N/A

missing certificate

I recently tried to move Roxio from one drive to another on my computer.It didn't work out correctly. Now I can't open Roxio and it comes up with "The certificate file is missing or has been corrupted. Please re-install it"
I presume this is windows certification. Has anyone any idea how I can rectify this. P.s. I can't uninstall it either Sad
10 REPLIES
N/A

missing certificate

Cant you copy it back to were it came from? you cant normally just copy software to a new locations as there will be reg entries pointing to the dll's etc and one of those entries is for the certificate its looking for
N/A

missing certificate

Sorry, should have said I'm trying to open it from its original location. the copy just showed the various folders but no start? so I deleted it. I've tried the repair setting on add/ remove but it comes back as above or already installed
N/A

missing certificate

all you could try is searching the register for Roxio and delete anything it finds. If you are not up to that then a reg repair tool may do it. The problem is it will load drivers and services which are hard to remove.

Have you tried installing it again from the cd?
N/A

missing certificate

thanks for replying. it's a download . i've tried to uninstall, repair,reinstall. It comes up with, errors?, certificate missing and already installed, go to control panel,uninstall etc. should I just delete it, delete document settings etc and reinstall. I have an old (2005) norton systemworks disc. If I did the above and ran the Windoctor and/or wipe free space, would that clear the way to allow me to install as a new install?
Denzil
Grafter

missing certificate

This is probably down to registry settings being left behind after the uninstall, as mwright says. It is quite common for software to leave bits behind like that.

Try installing and running this after uninstalling Roxio.
http://www.download.com/TweakNow-RegCleaner/3000-2094-10262639.html

It should find any leftover registry entries which can then be deleted. Delete whatever it says is "safe to delete". Then reinstall Roxio.
N/A

pos

The trouble is I can't uninstall it. It says system erroror something and then rolls back the uninstal. If I deleted it and then cleared the registry with that program, would that work?
N/A

missing certificate

I have the answer for you delete all the roxio folders and anything in local settings.
download this and it should get rid of it

http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/support/tools/roxizap.exe

If you google remove roxio you will find loads of people find it imposable to get rid of it something to think about before you put it back
N/A

missing certificate

I'll give it a whirl, do all that was mentioned. I might even be able to try nero again. but that's another story.
Whatever happens thanks for your advice. I'll get back on what happens Smiley
N/A

missing certificate

This might be of some help if the uninstall is failing and rolling back.

Do delete all the folders as well though.
N/A

missing certificate

I'm pleased to announce a successful reinstall of Roxio. I did as suggested, deleted folders etc and ran regclean. this enabled me to install roxio. but it wouldn't open. I then uninstalled it successfully, ran regclean again and reinstalled,this time it prompted me for the key,but when I opened dvd module it then said it couldn't activate mpeg2, so I uninstalled again and custom installed it.This allowed me to put it on my bigger hard drive,which is where I wanted it in the first place, and it worked
:lol:
Anyway thanks for all the advice. The only downside is I seem to have lost 1.5 gb of space on the original smaller h.d.
update.midnight. my 1.5 gb space has come back. all i've done is run my virus scan