cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

microsoft cannot access your internet

N/A

when i try access the internet, i get a message saying microsoft cannot access your internet, usually after refreshing it logs on, but now no access at all.

Could it be a problem with the modem?
8 REPLIES
N/A

What Operating System do you use? What modem/router do you use? How you connect? Is the sync light lit?
Community Veteran

reboot everything... PC, router, kitchen sink etc.
N/A

tried re booting everything,

use Microsoft XP home, binatone 500, light on modem working fine, just get a message saying " Internet explorer cannot open web page " or something like that...

help...my kids driving me crazy !!!!!!
Community Veteran

Turn off any firewalls to see if that is the problem. Same with any A/V software.

Uninstall/reinstall modem drivers - however with the Binatone 500 reinstalling can fail if you have upgraded to XP SP2 since you originally installed it.
RobDickson
Grafter

When did this start? Did it start just after you installed the latest Windows/IE security updates?

What you have described has been seen with Vista/IE7 after the latest updates, maybe it's affecting WinXP as well.
N/A

i am always updating so i really could not say...but i get a reply...Internet explorer cannot display your web page....i tried everything, ran a few anti virus checks, but still same problem...it s driving me mad ....help!
RobDickson
Grafter

If you look at Add and Remove Programs from Control Panel, you'll be able to find out when the last updates were installed. If you don't see any Windows Updates, then tick the tick box at the top.
Slick
Grafter

Mozilla Firefox for the win to be honest

i hate Microsoft products and never use them either