cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

media disconnected

robcr
Grafter

media disconnected

I have just installed XP onto a pc, when I type in Ipconfig I have no info except media disconnected...any ideas ?
3 REPLIES
N/A

media disconnected

Its broke nackered.

Seriosly it is you havent installed any network device or if you have it hasnt been given any ip etc. It could be a conflict with another device or wrong drivers if you do a have a card. Is it setup in the bios?
robcr
Grafter

media disconnected

All I have done is install XP nothing else, the mobo has everything onboard including Lan.I have not tried to connect to the internet yet.
I have read there is a registry fix by windows :?
Community Veteran

media disconnected

As part of the windows update there is also an update for IE6 & outlook express 6 so that may solve the corruption. You need to update anyway so give it a try and see what happens.

To verify if your memory is OK run memtest86+. Just download it and create a bootable floppy then reboot from it and let the memory test run several passes. If it's tests OK it's most likely an application corruption. If you get memory errors try removing and refitting the memory and see if that helps. If you still get errors after that you need to replace it. If you have more than one memory module test each one individually with memtest86+ to find out which one is faulty.

Cheers

Peter Cool