11 REPLIES
Denzil
Grafter

laptop hard drive failed

Try the following

www.dabs.com
www.ebuyer.com
www.microdirect.co.uk

Most laptops use standard 2.5" hard drives.
N/A

laptop hard drive failed

I'd like to throw www.scan.co.uk on to the pile as well.
And www.aria.co.uk
N/A

laptop hard drive failed

pcindex.co.uk is also great

or if you really wanna be cheep ebay Cheesy
Community Veteran

laptop hard drive failed

Last week, Radio 4’s version of Watchdog. Did a piece on ebuyer.

Sheffield training standards has had over 400 complaints, about them !!!

Chilly
shellsong
Grafter

laptop hard drive failed

I've not had any problems with ebuyer in about five years of dealing with them-- can't say the same for Micro Direct though! Evil
holdtight
Grafter

laptop hard drive failed

It just goes to show how things can be as ive had trouble with ebuyer
but not once ever with micro direct and ive done more business with
them than ebuyer
N/A

laptop hard drive failed

MD have been excellent for me in the past.

eBuyer is OK until you have to return something, then it all goes t1ts up.
shellsong
Grafter

laptop hard drive failed

One of my most recent experiences of ebuyer was purchasing the ZoomTel X5v ADSL VoIP router I'm using at present.

Their price went from a ludicrously low £25+vat to £50.19+vat via £31.91+vat.
I ordered just as it had gone up from the lowest price and had to wait a couple of weeks for more stock in which time the present higher price was put in place.

Unlike some companies they stuck to their original agreement with me and charged the intermediate price of £30.91+vat that was in place when I ordered Wink

Any enotes I've had to raise have been sorted out with politeness and reasonable efficiency (they did go through a bit of a hiatus a few months ago when their enotes system got fouled up and they had to work through a backlog of two or three weeks!)

Micro Direct made me pay the return postage and a restocking fee for a motherboard that wouldn't work with the Radeon9000 graphics card I wanted to use it with and that I have used with no issues with three other motherboards Evil
N/A

laptop hard drive failed

eBuyer are notorious for selling imported items that are not covered by conventional UK warranties. Also items bought sometimes vary to competition due to the eBuyer model being a US import whereas the competition was selling the UK model. Obviously depending on whats what things can be missing that you expected to receive.

I havent used eBuyer since last Xmas when I received the wrong item in the post and they took 3 weeks to send a replacement, by that time I cancelled which took a further two weeks to sort out..

From now on I use Dabs/Scan/MicroDirect/Savastore etc, they all have their problems at times for sure, but eBuyer go through alot of eticket disasters.

If everything goes well then they are great and the prices are great, but when stuff goes wrong it sometimes is very painful. Its a bit like eBay lol
shellsong
Grafter

laptop hard drive failed

It was the beginning of the year in particular when ebuyer were trying to sort out website and enote problems-- I think they'd changed a lot of stuff on their site without checking things out thoroughly enough! (remind you of anyone Wink )
N/A

laptop hard drive failed