cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

language

N/A

language

How do i change the language to english/british in the control panel? i clicked on it then clicked set as default then it asked to insert windows 98 se cd, then it said it couldn't find it , any ideas please. Cry
4 REPLIES
N/A

language

Did you actually insert the windows cd?

Matthew
Community Veteran

language

When it says it can't find it there should be a box with a button sying browse on it.
Click on this and make sure that windows is actually looking for the file in the correct place.
If your CD is say on drive F: then you would need to navigate to the F:\win98 folder and tell it to look there. Wink
N/A

language

This is caused by a bootdisk install.

The windows boot disk uses a ram drive, to place utilities on it. This doesn't exist when the computer is running normaly. As such, once incstalled, the drive letter that windows installed from, is now one letter off.
Community Veteran

language

This is caused by a bootdisk install.

The windows boot disk uses a ram drive, to place utilities on it. This doesn't exist when the computer is running normaly. As such, once incstalled, the drive letter that windows installed from, is now one letter off.

Yep spot on. Wink

Which is why I never use the supplied install and boot disk when putting windows on a PC.
As you say windows thinks it comes from a disk that no longer exists and reports back that it cannot find the file needed.