cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to connect with a new machine

g4vct

I intend to buy a new computer with the new vista platform. How do I transfer my plusnet broadband to the new machine. I do not have a cd. How do I connect online to access plusnet and resume my connection.
3 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

It would depend on how your connected now are you using a modem or router ?

If its a modem make sure you have vista drivers for it as this seems to be an issue with vista and modems download them if necessary, if you do then its just a matter of installing your modem onto the new machine and using your existing login details

If you are using a router/wirless just plug it in as its already set up but again if wireless make sure you have vista drivers for your card

Drivers for vista are the cause of connection problems and untill the hardware manufacturers catch up will remain so, if you cant find drivers i would recommend getting a router and a cat5 cable to connect to your pc`s lan port thats a sure way to connect if you have any problems

your plusnet broadband on your BT line and log in details remains the same nothing changes there

Bill.
Denzil
Grafter

If you are not sure of the settings go to "Connection settings" on the left of this page, then click the "Connection Details" icon. Print that page before you start so you have a record of the settings.
g4vct

new vista connection

Thanks a lot guys for your help, i now have a better understanding. I must admit i was quite puzzled as to how to make a new connection without a CD.