cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got new motherboard but need help still?

N/A

Got me new motherboard today and i set it all up. I turned it on it came on but it did not reach bios screen. Some guy said" flash your BIOS jumpers". How do you do that if thats the problem.

Thanks all
31 REPLIES
N/A

ok usualy there is a set up jumpers (3 pins wiht a little pin on 2 of them) that you move so that the other pin is coverd ( IE AB C to A BC) read ur mobo user guide to find out where this is.. or of course you can do the easy way and remove the small battery you have on the mobo.. uplug the power lead and leave for 30 mins. this will also reset the bios back to its defualt.

Also when u boot do u get POST errors? a few beeps? if so write them here using

beep (short) and beeeeeeep (long) Smiley and also teh make of ur motherboard

Buz
N/A

Extreme,

Please check your private messages.

Also you say it turns on but doesnt reach the bios screen. Do you mean you computer starts but you dont get any output on your monitor or something different?
N/A

Motherboard brand is asua x series. U turn it on and u hear a beep but the monitor still is blank. U mean take out the motherboard battery is it the one were its the size of a watch battery.
Community Veteran

Yes - that little battery keeps the internal clock ticking plus keeps all your BIOS settings saved when the power is off.

Thomas
N/A

So if i take this out it should be ok providing everything is in place etc
N/A

so long as you have the power lead out as well Smiley

give it about 30 mins.. make a tea watch the cricket.. etc.. come back .. put it in.. and you shuold be good to go.. if not its a faulty mobo and will need to be sent back
Community Veteran

You don't need to remove the BIOS battery. Just read the manual, find the link that will clear your cmos and move the link to clear it as it indicates. Leave it for 1 minute then move the link back. This will then have reset the CMOS/BIOS setting to factory default.

If it still fails to boot, remove everything (and I do mean everything including PCI cards, memory, graphics card, disk drives - just unplug the cables) except the processor and it's heatsink and see if it will power on. Without a video card & memory, it should beep several times to indicate no memory or video exists - see the manual to find out what the beep codes mean. If it does not beep several times then something may be wrong with the motherboard or your processor.

If it does beep, replace each component one at a time, starting with memory and switch on the PC. The beep codes should indicate what is missing. Then install your video card (with this in place you should see the BIOS screen). If you do, add each device one at a time and see if it boots and gets further each time. If it suddenly stops after adding a card then that card may be faulty.

If you still can't get any BIOS info on the screen, you have a faulty processor or motherboard. I then suggest you ring ASUS tech support and see if they can help.
N/A

removing the battery is SOoooo much easier than finding a small jumper (of which there may be about 10) :p i was just trying to give the easy way of doing it :p
N/A

Which board is it?
N/A

Right took out the battery oit went to bios screen. It finds the hard drive and cd writer not dvd cause i did not plug that 1 in i think its broke any way. It says press f1
continue i press it and then u see the windows sign apear then it resets it self and goes back 2 bios screen. Any idea
N/A

If you are still using your hard drive and windows which worked with your other motherboard (which I presume was using a different chipset) then windows is trying to load the wrong drivers and restarting.

You can try running in safemode and remove your old drivers and install new ones, or if that doesnt work you will need to either repair windows Xp or reinstall it again.
N/A

Extreme,

I have just noticed you live in Derbyshire. I only live in Nottingham and my field of work is computer repairs etc.

If you cant sort it yourself, I would be willing to come to you and help you.
N/A

Thanks for the offer i might have to take you up on that one. But i am gonna play around we it. Yes your right it is windows which was on the old board. But i cant install windows again from bios i cant see were to do that.
N/A

Set your pc to boot from cd (in the bios) and insert the Windows xp disc.

That will allow you to either repair or install windows.