cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gfx card

N/A

gfx card

Hi,

Is this card good GeForce FX5600XT, 128MB DDR, AGP (8x), gaming card, also which is better this one or the ati radeon 9600 pro, there's this one too, GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR TV + DVI - eXecutioner Edition. what i want is to know if there anygood for games and better than the 9600 ati pro, i don't want you saying nah get the £310 nvidia 5900 ultra, stick to my question.

Thank You.
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

gfx card

I have the FX5200 In this machine AMD Athlon 2400 and it seems to cope with Flight simulator 2004 quite happily. Which is very graphics intensive
Can't comment on the shoot em up games though as I dont run them.
N/A

gfx card

The 5200FX is around the same or even worse than a mx440, so I would avoid them if you can.

I am not to sure about the FX5600 as I havent had one before, but if you can get a ultra version.

As for comparing the FX5600 and 9600pro I couldnt say. Try looking at some hardware sites to see if they have any benchmarks or comparisons for you too look at.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

gfx card

simple answer is no nvidia XT = the SE version of the ati ie crippled, so its true equal is an ati 9600se and not the pro
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

gfx card

David,

How much do you have to spend on a new graphics card?
N/A

gfx card

I have £60 max to spend, please reply asap

Thanks.
N/A

gfx card

I recomend u save up. Cause u want a graphics card to last u about 2 years or so. And by geting ner enough the best will last u. But its up 2 u
Community Veteran

gfx card

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html

With your budget you are limited to the ati R9600SE cards. You won't get a standard 9600 or 9600 pro version for that price.

Similarly your only option with Nvidia is the FX5200. You may just get a 5200U (Ultra) but this may be outside your budget.

The FX5200 & R9600SE are closely matched as seen in the benchmark link above, but it does depend on the game being played as to which performs better.

Having a budget around £100 can make a very big difference so I would recommend you save a bit longer and get a much better card like the Ati 9800 which will last longer as your current budget gets you cards near the very bottom of the league now.
N/A

gfx card

Are the Nvidia fx5600 cards anygood, are they ones better than others? like different versions to look out for.?
N/A

gfx card

I would look out for a 5700 or if u save up a bit more a 5900.....a mate has a 5600 and he can't run doom3 on it so he ain't too happy about it :lol: but i can on my gf4 ti4600 Cheesy
i wouldn't get a ati card, i don't think their as good as nvidia....personal opinion
N/A

gfx card

Which card does he have though, as you can get really low end cards and high spec 5600 cards, is the fx5600 ultra anygood.?

Thanks.
Community Veteran

gfx card

See the benchmarks link I gave earlier to comare different models and you will find the answer to your questions. The Nvidia Ultra cards tend to be the top model for the version and come at a premium price.
N/A

gfx card

he has the 5600 256mb non-ultra model
N/A

gfx card

How do you know what graphics card i got?, iv'e heard that there are bvenchmarks out to test you card with others out there?Huh
Community Veteran

gfx card

johndc's answer was to your prerious question asking what card his mate has, he is not saying what card you have, he is saying what card his mate has.

For benchmarks, I repeat... see the benchmark link I gave earlier which compares all the current cards together.