cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gf4 mx440 voltage

Brickinit
Grafter

gf4 mx440 voltage

i'm throwing together a budget machine and have an old nvidia graphics card, the MB i'm using is fussy about the graphics card voltage does anyone know the voltage of the gf4 mx 440 tv card? have had a look at nvidia's site amonst others but no joy as yet, has anyone out there got an old box or manual? any advice gratfully accepted.

malc
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

gf4 mx440 voltage

Even though the card may use that chipset, different manufacturers can support different AGP speeds and thus different voltages.

So we will need to know the full card's manufacturer and model number to determin what voltages it supports and what AGP speeds your mobo supports.

It is likely to support 2x and 4x AGP which means it will work with 1.5V AGP slots. If the mobo supports AGP 2x, 4x & 8x then the card will work fine.

Basically if the card has an AGP capability that matches the mobo it will work.
N/A

gf4 mx440 voltage

This may help.
Brickinit
Grafter

gf4 mx440 voltage

thanks for the replies i've managed to find out which card it is as i came out of a packard bell machine, it is a Leadtek NV17 GeForce 4 MX, the details for it are here

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/mypc/index.php?PibItemNr=spec_leadtekGeforce4mx&PibItemParent=0252...

but it still dosen't give the voltage i can only assume as it is not that old it is a 1.5 volt

malc
Community Veteran

gf4 mx440 voltage

It states it's a AGP 2x/4x capable card which means it will work with any mobo that also supports AGP2x/4x. You don't need to know the voltages, just the AGP speed that card and mobo support.
Brickinit
Grafter

gf4 mx440 voltage

thanks peter,
the only reason i was concerned is that the MB had a sticker over the AGP slot stating not to instal a 3.3 volt card as it could knacker the MB for good, but in this case it looks like everything is OK.