cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fuji camera printing problems

Patch
Grafter

A friend has a fuji digital camera, and has been using it for a while. They recently started experimenting with different settings on the camera, and have now discovered that when they put the camera on it's highest resolution (6M), the fuji software - finepix - is unable to print the image. It gives an error message of

"Cannot create temporary file. Process aborted"

The printer is a "HP psc 1355", and came with it's own image software, which prints these pictures without any problem.

I also found that the printer can print other pictures that are larger than these ones (In terms of file size), which also confuses me.

I searched the internet for this error message and the only answer i found was at experts exchange, but you need to be a paid up member to see the response. And I am reluctant to pay if it is simply going to say use a lower resolution setting.

So I thought I would see if any one here had any ideas first.

thanks

Patch
4 REPLIES
N/A

Guessing here but, it may be that it is creating a temporary file on the computer to be printed. Make sure there is disk space available on all drives well beyond the actual size of the image.
I dont know how finepix works - but is the image being printed from the computer hard disk or straight from the camera?
Patch
Grafter

Hi websville

I wondered about that too, but there seems to be plenty of disc space on the C drive (about 13gb free), and the image is only about 1.2MB. I did not check to see about the other drives. Do you think the software could be using another drive for it's temporary file?

The picture has been transferred to the C: drive before printing, but this has not helped either.

It just seemed strange to me that Finepix can't print the image, and the HP software can. I would suggest to him to just use the hp software, but he is familiar with using finepix for transferring and viewing images, so it would be a shame to have to learn a new package.

Patch
DerekB
Grafter

Are the images still in the camera? if so which media are the images stored on?

I have a Fuji S602

Derek
Patch
Grafter

Yes the images are on the camera as well as on the hard drive. And any new photos taken at the high resolution are also not printing using the HP printer. At any other resolution they are fine.

As for the model number of the camera, I'm not too sure which one it is, but it is one of the more recent ones.

Patch