cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ftp setup?

N/A

ftp setup?

Im using a netgear dg834gt router and have opened port 21 successfully - however using smart ftp and bulletproof server I cannot connect to my ftp server.

Are there any settings that plusnet require for this?

gunner
6 REPLIES
N/A

ftp setup?

you need port 20 open (FTPData port)
you will also need a passive range of ports eg 1024 - 1030 for the passive connections that you will need, unless you do everthing in DATA mode, but its easier to use passive.

What FTPd are you running, cos if its not guildftpd, then its not worth running
N/A

ftp setup?

hi sort of got it going but weirdly I cant login to my ftp using a redirect - only using internal ip number - it works fine for others externally

using bulletproof server

wizard
Community Veteran

ftp setup?

You cannot connect to your PlusNet IP address from within your local network as your router get's confused. From your local network you must use the local IP address for the FTP server.

To get around this just add

192.168.0.X username.plus.com

to your local hosts file (change 192... to your actual local IP address). You can then just use ftp username.plus.com from your PC just like you would externally.

To test an external connection to your FTP server from your internal PC, use an FTP proxy like http://www.web2ftp.com/
N/A

ftp setup?

thats cos u cant connect to your external ip from internaly, you will need to connect to either localhost or 127.0.0.1 (loopback addresses)

buz
N/A

ftp setup?

many thanks
N/A

ftp setup?

damn you peter :p